Gravensend Kent UK
Currently moored on a transferable residential mooring in the Grade II listed canal basin at Gravesend and with easy access to the Thames. Variatie has been fully updated to provide generous and contemporary living space.
She started life as a dry-cargo barge plying the Dutch coast and canals, and having come to the end of her working life she was converted for accommodation in Belgium in the 70’s. A more recent refurbishment has updated her for 21st Century living.
She has travelled the Thames and the Medway and has the ability to cross the Channel, and was present at the Thames River Pageant celebrating Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II's Diamond Jubilee.
Variatie offers a spectacular opportunity in a unique environment suitable for family living and within easy commutable distance to Central London.
|Vessel type:||Dutch Barge|
|No. of engines:||1|
|Drive type:||Shaft drive|
|Length over all:||27m|
|Fuel capacity:||700 Litres|
|Water capacity:||900 Litres|
|Holding tank capacity:||1200 Litres|
Popular and functional Gardner W90 - 35 hours maximum with current owner
Steel hull, deck and upper structure.
Wheelhouse was custom-built in iroko with a canvas roof and fully collapsible for low height passage.
Fully functional aft-end davit with an electric powered winch, and a hand winch.
Fully insulated and centrally heated throughout, also fitted with low power-consumption lighting.
• Master / Aft Cabin: bespoke wood panelled, with hand-built bed, wardrobes, and plenty of storage. En-suite toilet and shower, and large overhead deck-hatch for al fresco sleeping.
• Wheelhouse: collapsible, with seating and table for dining, lighting for reading and spare double-bed opportunity.
• Galley: spacious open-plan with large wood worktops and high-gloss white finish. Induction hob, double-oven, double-sink. View through to saloon is perfect when entertaining.
• Saloon: large living space, appointed with plenty of power points, portholes and deck-hatches; one oversized deck-hatch for access and egress of large items.
• Third Cabin: two foldaway bunk-beds, with deck-hatch and porthole, with reading lights and power points. Shelving and free-standing storage. Ideal for kids!
• Shower-room: large walk-in shower, with custom-made extra-deep stainless steel shower tray. Wall-mounted towel-rail radiator, toilet, sink and storage.
• Forward Double Cabin: vertical foldaway king-sized bed; this offers scope for multi-purpose use of the space if needed. Free-standing storage, hanging rails, ample power points, plenty of daylight, and access to forecastle behind panelled door.
• Bespoke wooden flooring throughout.
• Diesel-fired boiler for central heating and domestic hot water.
• Shoreline for 240v AC, and generator for AC while cruising.
• Water system and toilets powered by 24v DC, one forward and one aft.
• Navigation lights, twin anchors.
• Dinghy and brand new 1.5hp outboard.